Dr. Neil J. Zemmel and his team at Dermlounge medical aesthetics provide key tips for maintaining healthy, beautiful skin during every season.
Richmond, VA — To help patients of the Dermlounge at Richmond Aesthetic Surgery achieve radiant skin, board-certified plastic surgeon Neil J. Zemmel, MD, FACS and his team provide a wide range of minimally invasive aesthetic solutions. In honor of National Healthy Skin Month, observed annually during the month of November, the Richmond medical spa professionals are providing key tips for achieving healthy skin at every time of year.
- Wear sunscreen daily with an SPF of 30 or higher. Damage from the sun’s harmful UV rays can lead to dark spots and wrinkles, as well as increase one’s risk of developing skin cancer. Even during the winter months, Dr. Zemmel advises people to use sun protection to protect the long-term health of their skin.
- Keep skin hydrated by drinking water and moisturizing. By drinking at least eight (8-ounce) glasses of water daily and using a skin moisturizer, Dr. Zemmel says this can help improve skin elasticity, slow the formation of wrinkles, and provide a healthy glow to one’s complexion.
- Maintain a skin care regimen tailored to one’s skin needs. Skin care is not one-size-fits-all, explains Dr. Zemmel. Everyone can benefit from a customized skin care plan that targets their unique skin qualities and specific needs.
- Refrain from smoking. Tobacco use has been linked with premature skin aging, causing a reduction in elasticity and increased dullness. Dr. Zemmel highlights that those who quit smoking quickly begin to notice restored skin vitality.
- Check skin regularly for signs of skin cancer. In addition to adopting a daily skin care regimen and overall healthy lifestyle, Dr. Zemmel urges men and women to monitor their skin for any abnormalities, such as changing moles that may indicate a malignancy. He also encourages yearly skin exams from a board-certified dermatologist to catch any problems early.
By practicing these tips to protect the health of one’s skin, Dr. Zemmel says people can help preserve the smoothness and youthful glow of their skin. He also notes that skin care regimens should evolve with the changing of seasons, and provides seven skin care tips for the fall and winter months in the Dermlounge blog.
For those interested in learning how to achieve their best skin, Dr. Zemmel recommends individuals consult with a qualified skin care professional, such as his experienced team at Dermlounge medical spa. They can tailor a regimen to each patient’s unique needs, as well as recommend minimally invasive treatments to rejuvenate one’s overall skin appearance.
About Dermlounge at Richmond Aesthetic Surgery
Dermlounge is the medical spa at Short Pump-based plastic surgery practice Richmond Aesthetic Surgery. Overseen by Dr. Neil J. Zemmel, patients at Dermlounge may be seen by Megan J. Goff, PA-C, the practice’s board-certified surgical physician assistant, Alicia Walker, FNP-B, a board-certified Family Nurse Practitioner, or Heather Sinclair, LE, a licensed aesthetician. Together, the experienced team offers a comprehensive array of skin solutions, ranging from cosmetic injectables and laser treatments to chemical peels and medical-grade skin care products. Dr. Zemmel and his team are available for interview upon request.
For more information about the Dermlounge at Richmond Aesthetic Surgery, visit dermlounge.com and richmondplasticsurgery.com.
Dermlounge at Richmond Aesthetic Surgery
11934 W Broad Street, Suite 200
Richmond, VA 23233