What Is JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC?
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC is the first and only dermal filler approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to treat signs of aging in the midface. Those unhappy with lost volume in the cheek area can benefit from the contouring potential of this innovative injectable treatment. It is composed of an advanced formula that contains hyaluronic acid (HA), a hydrating substance found naturally in skin, which can provide long-lasting results. Patients aged 21 and older who have moderate to severe signs of facial aging, including wrinkles and folds in the midface, are eligible for JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC injections and should schedule a consultation with our experienced aesthetician to learn if they are a good candidate for the treatment.
Where is JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC Injected?
With its unique composition, JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC targets loss of volume in three areas of the cheek: the apex, apple, and hollow. When injected into one or more of these areas, patients can benefit from a more youthful contour to the midfacial region. Additionally, this restored volume helps correct a hollow appearance and fill in fine lines and wrinkles.
What to Expect from a JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC Treatment
During the treatment, our Licensed Aesthetician, Heather Sinclair, LE, will inject the appropriate amount of JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC into the target areas to provide the most satisfactory results. Since the injectable contains a small dose of the numbing agent lidocaine, any discomfort or pain is minimized, allowing for a more comfortable procedure.
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC Treatment Results
Patients can typically begin to see their results immediately following the treatment. Cheeks that previously had a hollow appearance should begin to look fuller and rounder, and any lines or wrinkles in the area should diminish as well.
How Long Does JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC Last?
One of the most significant aspects of JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC is its long-lasting results. Patients can often see the anti-aging effects of their injections for up to two years, allowing them to maintain their beautiful results for longer periods of time. To maintain the positive effect of JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC, patients can schedule additional injectable sessions before it wears off, prolonging the full, youthful cheek appearance they desire.
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC vs. JUVÉDERM®
JUVÉDERM® is an extremely popular family of dermal fillers. The brand has been expanded over the years to include specialized formulas to address specific areas of the face. While JUVÉDERM® XC and Ultra XC can treat fine lines and wrinkles in multiple areas of the face, JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC is specifically designed to address signs of aging in the midface. It has a thicker, more cohesive gel composition compared to JUVÉDERM XC and Ultra XC. This provides a better filling material for lifting sunken cheeks. By injecting JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC deep into the dermis, it creates the appearance of higher cheekbones while filling out the midface for a younger-looking aesthetic.
Side Effects Associated with JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC
Little to no downtime is typically needed following JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC injections. However, mild temporary reactions are possible, though they should fade within the first two to four weeks. These side effects may include mild tenderness, lumps, firmness, swelling, discoloration, itching, and bruising. Should a more serious reaction occur, the formula can be reversed through a special injectable that helps break down the HA. Please inform us of any problems you may encounter.
How Much Does JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC Cost?
The total cost of JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC is approximately $800 to $1,000 per syringe, though it can be more in certain geographic regions. Your cost will take into account the amount of filler needed to achieve your aesthetic goals as well as the skill of the professional providing the treatment. Facility and physician fees will also influence your total cost. Our team is highly experienced in administering JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC as well as other fillers in the JUVÉDERM family, ensuring the most natural-looking outcome. During your consultation, we will listen to your cosmetic concerns and what you hope to achieve through treatment with JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC. Based on this information, we will create a custom treatment plan and can provide you with a personalized cost quote to help you understand what to expect with your treatment.
- How Many Syringes of JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC Will I Need?
- The ideal number of JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC syringes for your treatment will depend on the injection site, condition of your skin, and your age. These factors will influence how much is needed to effectively enhance the area of concern for optimal results. In general, a single 1 mL syringe is typically enough for each cheek being treated. Patients with more extensive needs may require two syringes per cheek.
- Do JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC Injections Hurt?
- Patients typically report little to no pain during their JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC treatment. The injectable contains the local anesthetic lidocaine, which helps numb the area to minimize any discomfort. Once this gradually wears off, you may experience tenderness, itching, and redness at the injection site. These side effects tend to wear off within 10 to 14 days.
- How Long Does It Take JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC to Settle?
- After JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC is injected beneath the skin, the gel spreads across the designated area to smooth unwanted lines and add subtle volume. While this provides noticeable improvement immediately after treatment, the material gradually binds with water molecules in the skin to create longer-lasting results. This process of the JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC settling tends to take a few days. At this point, you should begin to see your final results.
- How to Prevent Bruising After JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC Injections?
- Bruising at the injection site is possible after JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC injections. Before treatment, you should avoid any blood-thinning medications or supplements, as well as refrain from drinking alcohol. After your treatment session, you can apply a cold compress to the area to help reduce bruising and swelling. You may want to avoid vigorous exercise for a few days after your treatment, as this can make bruising worse.
- Is JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC Safe?
- As an FDA-approved injectable, JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC is considered a safe treatment when performed by a qualified professional. Side effects are typically minimal; more serious complications are very rare.
To learn if JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC is the optimal solution for your needs, we encourage you to schedule a consultation at our office.